[Histonet] position available

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Fri Aug 3 12:03:00 CDT 2007

Laboratory Associate/Histotech

Specialty Laboratories is one of the largest esoteric medical laboratories
in the United States. Since 1975 the company has enjoyed solid growth
through scientific innovation and superior service. Located in Valencia,
California in a three-year old, custom-designed, 200,000 square-foot
facility, now part of Quest Diagnostics.

Within the Valencia facility is a wide variety of clinical laboratories,
conducting a broad range of assays. Among our specialty areas are
Molecular Biology, Cellular Immunology, Tissue Culture, Flow Cytometry,
Molecular Genetics, Cytogenetics, Microbiology, and Chemistry. The site
also hosts a Clinical Trials Department and a Research & Development
Group.

We are currently seeking a Lab Associate who will be working in our
Anatomic Pathology department. As the successful candidate, you will:

- Prepare slides and cut sections of paraffin blocks to be used in IHC and
FISH.
- Collect, label, handle and process specimens.
Help prepare chemicals, reagents - and  solutions
- Perform IHC using various instruments (e.g., Dako, Ventana and
Bond-Max).
- Operate and maintain selected lab equipment.
- File, archive and retrieve slides/blocks, reports, requisitions and
other paperwork.
- Stain/counterstain and coverslip slides for examination by pathologist.
- Perform validation of new antibodies on different staining platforms.

Preferred candidates will have:
•  High school diploma or general education (GED) equivalent
• Minimum of one year of histology experience and/or training
• Specimen handling and computer experience
• Histologic Technician/Histotechnologist certification from ASCP
• Ability to follow detailed written and oral instructions
• Experience in antibody validation procedures and FISH technique

Along with competitive salaries and a variety of options for work
scheduling, regular full-time employees who work at least 32 hours per
week are eligible for Health and Dental plans, a vision plan and a 401(k)
retirement plan - all of which include company contributions. There are
also disability plans available, flexible savings plans and college
savings plans. The company sponsors, and subsidizes, almost two dozen
vanpools which transport employees from all over the greater Los Angeles
area.

Specialty is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,
age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any
other protected factor.

For immediate consideration please apply through our website:
http://specialtylabs.hodesiq.com/job_start.asp