[Histonet] cryosections of rat bone

Nancy W. Troiano nancy.troiano <@t> yale.edu
Fri Oct 13 12:17:38 CDT 2006

We use the 4X slides from instrumedics and flash twice (flash once, leave
the slide in the cryostat chamber while you cut another slide or two and
then reflash the original slide - make sure you wait 30-40 seconds between
flashes or you'll ruin your unit).  Also, remove the tape after the slide
warms up slightly or place the slide on the back of your hand to warm it up
before pulling off the tape.  This procedure should help but so far we've
found that we can never get all of the bone to transfer and we've tried a
lot of different combinations to get that bone to stick to the slide!