[Histonet] tissue tek mega cassettes

P Pierce contact <@t> excaliburpathology.com
Wed Nov 15 16:40:33 CST 2006

I was so excited when they finally made the mega cassettes.
Before them, I used teabags to process and L-blocks to embed rabbit, dog,
and smaller human eyes.

I still use an old AO 820 with a Tissue-Tek quick release block holder.
The block holder can be adjusted by holding up the bottom and turning
the knob at the top to make it fit. I have even noticed differences in
regular cassettes from different companies and just adjust as needed.

Paula Pierce, HTL(ASCP)HT
Excalibur Pathology, Inc.
630 N. Broadway
Moore, OK 73160