[Histonet] Paraffin tape-transfer systems and TMAs

Milne, Katy kmilne <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Mon May 29 10:31:51 CDT 2006

Hi all,

We started doing TMAs a little while ago and are looking for a way to
maximize the number of samples that section nicely per slide.  Sometimes
we get compression of a few samples or a few just don't cut well.  I
admit I don't know much about tape-transfer systems but I'm wondering if
there is anyone that does TMAs regularly that would be able to offer
some insight as to whether having a tape transfer system dramatically
increases the quality of slides from TMAs or not.  Currently I'm just
cutting directly from the TMA block using a regular rotary microtome.

Thanks

Katy Milne
Research Assistant II
Deeley Research Centre