[Histonet] microglial marker

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon May 1 09:22:52 CDT 2006

F4/80 from Serotec

a previous message from Barb Wright Histonet using FFPE murine tissue is:

We successfully stain with F4/80 (Serotec #MCAP497) on paraffin embedded
mouse tissues.  We use spleen as a positive control.  0.4% pepsin at 37C
for 10 minutes for antigen retrieval and an overnight  at 4C incubation
in a 10ug/ml dilution of F4/80.
If you want the procedure just let me know.
Barb Wright

  At 05:09 AM 4/29/2006, you wrote:

>   I am looking for a microglial marker to use on 4% PFA perfused, frozen
>   &/or  vibratome mouse  brain sections. I have tried MAC-1 from Serotec
>   with  pretty  disappointing  results. Any suggestions would be greatly
>   appreciated.

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor