[Histonet] Kappa, Lambda

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Thu Oct 20 12:36:15 CDT 2005

 I have a great question out there for the IHC people.  Here in the lab we are trying to work up our Kappa and lambda.  The problem that most people see is the excessive background staining that comes with these two antibodies.  we are treating our tissue in a H2O2 solution just before we run them on the IHC stainer (Ventanna).  Here is the kicker in working them up we are using Bone marrow for control, because our pathologists would like ,control that  is similar to the disease process they are looking for.  Now one specimen control stains beautiful for Kappa and the other specimen control stains beautiful for Lambda.  This brings me to the conclusion that the stain is working  and also that  different specimens no matter what stain differently.  Can someone give me a universal way to make this easier on us.  I know we need to block the endogenous peroxidase, and we are using H2O2.. is there anything that we can do better or is there another method for us to treat the specimens.

Jesus Ellin
Yuma Regional Medical Center