[Histonet] preparation of chromic acid solution for CAS....

Ul Soo Choi cytologer <@t> gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 00:26:13 CST 2005

Hi, histonetters!

I am interested in CAS chromic acid Schiff stain, instead of PAS.
The following article prompted me to change it with CAS.

http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/Area_of_Interest/Laboratory_Essentials/Hematology_and_Histology/Key_Resources/Article_Highlights/Staining_for_Fungi.html

But, I am not aware of the protocol how to prepare chromic acid solution.
Also I am still just wondering if CAS produces more distinct and good contrast
than PAS in the tissues, and cytology samples. I usually use cytological specimens.

I would like to hear your experiences on CAS.

Let me hear.....

Thank you always.

Regards,

Ul Soo Choi