[Histonet] ASCP whine. Please pass the cheese

Joe Nocito JNocito <@t> Pathreflab.com
Wed Mar 30 11:22:15 CST 2005

Karen,
I don't think it is a CAP requirement, I think it has something to do with
Medicare/ Medicaid and the insurance companies for reimbursement. Hold on, I
have to check my ICD-9 code book

Joe Nocito, BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Histology Manager
Pathology Reference Lab
San Antonio, TX

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
krat18 <@t> aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:10 AM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] ASCP whine. Please pass the cheese

Didn't I read that CAP has a regulation that a lab cannot charge for more
than one of each immuno on the same case, e.g., cannot charge for two
S-100's on the same case, even though they're on different blocks?   Does
anyone know where to find the justification for that?

Karen_Raterman <@t> ssmhc.com
krat18 <@t> aol.com