[Histonet] proper disposal of specimen transport biohazard bags

Thomas Amparan Thomas.Amparano <@t> hcs.maricopa.gov
Tue Mar 29 14:27:25 CST 2005

I read the comments by Gervaip <@t> aol.com on 13 Aug 2004 19:28:50 EDT, regarding this issue, but I was wondering if there is any documentation which states that specimen bags with a biohazard symbol my be disposed if in regular trash.  I do understand that the by definition an empty transport bag does not meet the criteria for Regulated Medical Waste.  The OSHA standard 1910.1030 does not spell this out clearly.

Tommy Amparano