[Histonet] Any Entomologist out there?

Connie McManus conniemoss <@t> relia.net
Thu Jun 9 10:22:13 CDT 2005

HI, Patricia

With 6 legs, it's not a tick.  Ticks are arachnids (the spider group) and have eight
legs.  I didn't go to the server where your pics are, but if you go to this website
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/imagegal/ticks/ you can find a wealth of info about all the
ticks you would ever encounter.

If I were you, I would take your pictures to the entomology dept of the nearest
university.  Usually there is someone there who will ID them for free. Extension
entomologists are also a good place to look.

--
Connie McManus
Mt Ogden Scientific Services -Providing full service electron microscopy for you

======