[Histonet] Cryojane/gentle jane

Rocan rocan <@t> mac.com
Fri Jul 29 14:20:20 CDT 2005

Steven,
We use both and have had a very good experience with the items.  The
freezing thing is excellent for our purposes and works well.  Their
UV curable mounting media is also quite nice in our hands. The
Cryojane is something you need to develop a good technique since
sometimes the tape can retain some of the section.  It is a little
tricky. In my opinion, the Cryojane is not for routine use but for
specific applications.  We do mouse skin wounds and it has been
invaluable for us.  However, when we cut other organs we do not need
it or use it.  The supplies are expensive ($1 per slide) and you are
always dependent on them for the supplies.   Also, very importantly,
their customer service can be on the "defensive" side, so when you
have a problem with their products do not expect them to think that
the customer is always right.  I hope this information helps you.

-----
Dr.Rocio Sierra-Honigmann
Director
Engineered Wound Repair Laboratory