[Histonet] dinking defined ... and amused!! OT

Smith, Allen asmith <@t> mail.barry.edu
Fri Feb 11 12:42:35 CST 2005

The more common phrase is "puttering around."  Kenneth Grahame(The Wind in
the Willows) used "messing about."  "Believe me, my young friend," Water Rat
said, "there is nothing in life half so important as messing about in
boats."  C.P. Snow (Science and Government) warmly commended Water Rat,
suggesting that it would be a good thing if scientists spent more time
messing about.

Allen A. Smith, Ph.D.
Professor of Anatomy
Barry University School of Graduate Medical Sciences
    Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
Miami Shores, Florida  33161

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Morken, Tim
- Labvision
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 1:14 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] dinking defined ... and amused!!

I understand "dinking" as takng the time to explore all the purmutaions  of
a given endevour. For me, it came to full fruition when I (along with a
group of like-minded souls) took a long, long bicycle trip, during which we
refined "dinking" to a fine art, spending quality time at cafes, pubs,
roadside views. It was the life.

Tim Morken

Free webhosting for US State Histotechnology Societies:
http://www.labvisioncorp.com/demowebsite/index.cfm