[Histonet] Safety regs/Pathologists

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Thu May 13 18:21:14 CDT 2004

Bill,

I assume you also have the welfare of your staff at heart when you embark on
your clinical duties. Otherwise if people around you are AT RISK then be
ready to be sued and if a death occurs you could face a jail term. Sobering?

We must be forever vigilant.

Tony Henwood JP, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC)
Laboratory Manager
The Children's Hospital at Westmead,
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, 2145, AUSTRALIA.
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318

http://www.histosearch.com/homepages/TonyHenwood/default.html
http://us.geocities.com/tonyhenwoodau/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill [mailto:bill501 <@t> mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, 14 May 2004 12:19 AM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Safety regs/Pathologists

At 9:09 AM -0400 5/13/04, Gldnsthisto <@t> aol.com wrote:
>Can anyone out there help me with what to do when the pathologists and
their
>staff (not paid by the hospital) will not follow safety regulations

As a Pathologist and Physician, I try to never let regulations get in
the way of my caring for patients. With 12 years of intensive
education after high school and several decades of experience I
claim, nay, demand the right to decide how to behave in a clinical
setting for myself without interference of bureaucrats or
rule-mongers.
--
_____________________________
Bill

are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those
of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The
Children's Hospital at Westmead

virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected,
the Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any
consequential damage resulting from email containing computer
viruses.