[Histonet] scalpel blades for grossing

RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com
Fri Jul 30 21:33:20 CDT 2004

This old pathologist wants a blade with a sharp point for cutting sutures and
testing the surfaces of abraded articular cartilage for eburnation. I think
one of the regulatory agencies is trying to take these away from us - can't
remember which one.

Once when I for a pair of sharp scissors instead of the standard gross desk
scissors, with sprung hinge and blades too dull to cut a gallbladder, I was
told I could have them if I signed a promise not to run with them!

On a related topic, I looked into the price of six or eight inch long
disposable blades - I used these in one lab and liked them very much. Found out they
cost about ten dollars each - totally out of the question, even if one can
hold one's use of them down to one a day. (Can you imagine a surgeon putting up
with such a restriction?)

Bob Richmond
Gastonia NC and Knoxville TN