[Histonet] freezing mouse lungs

Rita Angel RITA.ANGEL <@t> UC.EDU
Mon Jan 5 13:46:42 CST 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer help in obtaining the best sections
possible with frozen mouse lungs. How can I prepare the lungs and freeze
them to get the best results? I know this is difficult tissue to get good
sections on anyway, with all the air pockets. Is it possible to infuse them
with freezing embedding media?

The lung sections I'm getting have a lot of holes, and at best, I'm only
getting tissue from half of the lung samples while cutting. They were
brought to me already frozen and embedded so I'm not sure how they were
prepared.

Thanks for your help,

Rita Angel, HT
University of Cincinnati