[Histonet] Fite's Acid-Fast Stain for Nocardia

Diane Gerjets dmnelson <@t> iastate.edu
Tue Feb 17 12:18:38 CST 2004

Hi,
We use the fite's stain for nocardia. We are having trouble with blotchy
background staining due to the xylene/peanut oil used in the stain. We blot
our slides and rinse them with warm water, but still have the
background blotchy staining. Thank-you for any help that you could give me.
                                                                                                               Diane
Gerjets
                                                                                                         Iowa
State University