[Histonet] polyvinyl sponges in processors

Sylvia Poulos spoulos <@t> saa.ars.usda.gov
Tue Feb 10 15:57:44 CST 2004

Hi all!
I have some tissue that has polyvinyl sponge embedded in it.  I need to
process it but was wondering if anyone knew if it will interfere?  I
don't mind if it stays there and I cut sections with it in the tissue or
if it dissolves in the xylene...just wondering if I should do anything
special.  If polyvinyl dissolves in xylene will the tissue collapse on
itself, and if so, is there anything I can do to prevent this? As
always, thanks for the help!
Enjoy the day! Sylvia

Sylvia P. Poulos
USDA-ARS-Animal Physiology Research Unit
Athens, GA 30605
706-583-8279
706-542-0399 (fax)