[Histonet] suggestions on bone cross section?

Xuesong Chen Xuesong.Chen <@t> yale.edu
Tue Dec 21 10:34:26 CST 2004

Good morning,

We are beginning a whole new approach in our lab. Basically cross
sectioning undecalcified older tibias (15-19 weeks old) with cryojane
type transfer system followed by lacZ staining to detect transgene
expression.

The tibia will be cut in the middle and proximal half close to knee
joint will be used for OCT embedding. Could anybody advise how to handle
the balance of the tibia vertical embedding as well as how the
orientation can be precisely controlled? Also, we want to know what kind
of blade is recommend for the procedure. We are wondering if anyone has
any experience on bone cross sectioning and would like to offer some
advise. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time and attention.

Happy Holidays!!!

Xuesong Chen
Endocrinology